You Are Reading

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Skin Cancer - on screen development

As a result of my research and the fact that the shape of my scar was a ‘C’,  it provided me with a perfect opportunity to combine type with my scar. Initially I drew up the type digitally and was going to overlay the text on my body, however, drawing the type directly onto my chest proved to be the better option, this was because it allowed the type to follow the size and shape of my chest and gave the text a much more rugged and worn appeal. (synergy with the effects of the sun on skin)




After heavily editing the photographs, I was able to manipulate and disect the text to create a new structure of type for the background of my photography. The orange overlay represents the desire for a tan and the black and white image reinforces the idea that I’m dying for a tan. The balaclava has been used to suggest that cancer doesn’t discriminate i.e. it doesn’t matter who’s under the mask.



Double Page spread - if in production this would be ONE dp's of many pages featured in the book design I've yet to complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.