You Are Reading

Thursday 8 May 2014

Purdeys - development & design decisions

I learned a lot about my working process as a designer and find it easier to get my idea's out when I'm able to scrawl them onto paper and build on them from their basic form.


Within these pages my approach is evident



I decided that I would emphasise on Purdey's botanical approach to it's packaging, considering sustainability, practicality and visuals.

For Rejuvenate, I decided I would design a very flowing arrangement of botanics, for Natural Energy I adopted the same approach but incorporated spiky leaves to emulate being on edge.





The packaging would be constructed from contiguous triangles, however trying to figure out how the card turns in on itself is another task altogether. As you can see from the multiple nets and failures of their construction








Attempts

1.


2.


3.

The end of the straw would enter in through the top and slide through the turn of the structure.


Because it's rather awkward to shape the structure, some of the folds where I've scored them have become a bit creased.



As you can see from the photograph below I was able to challenge the normal conventions of packaging and carry this through to its production.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.