You Are Reading

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Harry Ramsden - Evaluation

Deliverables -

Business Cards
Letterhead
Drinks Mat
Take-out box
Food wrapping
Web design

Overall I'm fairly happy with what I've achieved given the timescale I'd given myself - 2 weeks. During this design period I was also starting another smaller brief. In hind-sight there are a lot of things that I could've done to improve my overall design. For example; During crit sessions and peer review the chip in the fishes mouth had been mentioned about compositionally, at first I didn't really take the advice on board, but nearing the end of the brief I severely restricted this design and only had it among the packaging as I felt it worked well to signify the contents. Another factor to this brief that caused annoyance was the development of my website, the concept worked fairly well, however I'd changed my idea for the web presence twice and then had to rush to complete, in my opinion this shows.

There were numerous ideas I didn't really get time to exploit, I'm disappointed at this but know that I'll be refining this brief to suit my portfolio standard. The ideas consisted of; 

The components to the logo could of been dissected and used among the brands utensils, for e.g. Chip forks & Drinks mat. 

Mock up versions of the restaurant with the vintage photographs decorating the roof. Moreover I felt the packaging could of been pushed, creating a string of different products wrapped up to create a consistent and appealing range.

Minimising the colour so the logo is the main emphasis and discarding the fish & chip illustration altogether.

The logo I designed, has taken inspiration from the aesthetic of the original Harry Ramsdens logo  it has also incorporated the circular design seen in the image next to this. Doing this has created the modern adaptation that I set out to achieve. The colour scheme is also a modern adaptation of the original colours found in Harry Ramsdens, Overall I’m very happy with the logo, I feel it pays tribute to Great Britain while also celebrating Harry Ramsdens past. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.