You Are Reading

Saturday 17 May 2014

Purdeys - Evaluation

For this brief I really didn't have enough time to complete my mock ups the way I wanted. I didn't print enough mock-ups which meant I had limited chances to perfect the turn of the structure which constructs the unique shape of the packaging. During the course of this brief I learnt a lot about structural design and overall it gave me a deeper understanding of packaging and its capabilities of what you can communicate. When I look back I also didn't leave enough time to experiment with my campaign posters, this is because the construction and development of the packaging took up quite a large time of the design process, I had to remember I had a timescale for when I wanted to complete this brief, if I went over my other briefs would be jeopardised.
The illustrations work well and in my opinion emulate what the title's of the drinks are. Natural Energy (Blue packaging) & Natural Energy (Orange packaging). A strong point of the design is that when the products are on the shelf, they're presented immediately by their shape but also by their colours which look similar to a sunset. I regret not starting this brief after the D&AD submissions however it still benefitted me as a designer and to my personal professional practice. Looking back I also should of visually shown straw insertions to prove the drinks functionality - it works by sliding directly through the crossover. I also could of used real straws in the photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.