You Are Reading

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Secret 7" - Evaluation

I would say this is one of the funner and more light hearted briefs I approached, this is because the designs for Secret 7" could promote the artists song through any means necessary along as it fit on the front of a 7" inch vinyl. With this in mind I thought this brief would be a good chance to experiment with working between Photoshop & Illustrator. During the process of this brief I'd noticed I'd become a lot more comfortable with Photoshop, whereas at the beginning of university I made it my aim to become fluent on Illustrator. Now that I've accomplished this, I've seen my return to Photoshop and because I've now became quite fluent on both programmes, I'm able to use them cohesively to create more professional looking artwork, as you can see from the way the artwork has been applied to vinyl cover and vinyl.
When I review this brief I'm happy with the way I've approached it, for my final deliverable to Secret 7" I chose the modern adaptation of the old artwork. This was a result of peer comments, saying that it was more bold and a clever way to approach the brief as it gave the old single a facelift and communicated the core message of the song. Most importantly, it kept the song a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.